Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lent Day 24: The Only Time is Now...

I'm searching for the source of a quote but can't find it:  "The only time is now."

I recall having a conversation with my mom while I was in high school, and clumsily described how the past didn't matter, nor the future as well, compared to the present.  She shot back with "the only time is now."  She probably cited that quote but I never wrote it down... neither the quote nor its citation.

Given yesterday's post "More About Time" I thought it would be a slam dunk to find that quotation.  All I found was a reference to a Grateful Dead song (which I'm pretty sure I would have remembered had my mom cited that) and a great page at Wisdom Quotes about "now".  There's a lot to chew on at that page.

Also, here are a couple of book recommendations stemming from the "now" theme, from a dear friend (who commented on my Facebook page to yesterday's post):
  1. The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment, by Eckhart Tolle
  2. The Shack, by William P. Young

(Tonight's post is a bit on the short side; it was playoff night in the municipal volleyball league I play in.  We qualified for the 4th and final playoff slot, and went on to beat the 1st and 2nd place teams to win the championship... so it was a long night of playing and then celebrating.  The 'power of now' indeed, and as exercised by a team of players.  I love this sport because of the team aspect.)


[This blog automatically feeds my Facebook Notes page; click here to see the original blog

No comments: