Friday, March 19, 2010

Lent Day 27: Proud of a Papa and a Mama (pop culture edition)

Extremely exhausted from work this week.  Time for a only a short post, of Craig Ferguson fondly remembering his father in a special episode of the Late Late Show. 

Here are two clips from the show itself:  Part 1Part 2

Here's a column about Ferguson referring back to his interview with Desmond Tutu, but also mentions Ferguson's eulogy for his father.

I'm a huge Ferguson fan, and until I discovered his show I had given up on late night talk shows.  I had heard about the eulogy for his father on the internet and then looked up these clips on YouTube.  His sincere and honest sharing, weaving in the serious and comedy, the reverent and irreverent instantly hooked me on his take on life, by being so open in his grieving.

He did the same after his mother passed away a few years later (Part 1, Part 2)

Thanks Craig...

No comments: