Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lenten Blog 2010: My Accidental Spiritual Journal

When I first started this blog as a new Lenten practice to complement my usual turning off the radio during commutes I didn't realize that it would automatically post to my Facebook Notes page as well.  What started out as a few random spiritual/religious/theological reflections morphed into sharing much of my spiritual journey.  Then I realized that many of these stories are things that I've wanted to share with my children someday when they were old enough to have adult conversations.

The irony of course, is that they're old enough now, but I'm the last person they want to have these conversations with... right now anyway.  I know I was the same way with my parents, and so the sins of the father are visited upon the daughter and son.  I'm pretty that my parents and God are laughing at me right now.

Since there was no rhyme or reason when I started other than committing to write every day in Lent, the flow is a bit loose with foreshadowing peppered throughout for future posts.  The writing tightened up as of Day 16, which is when I started titling the posts.  (I later went back to entitle the earlier posts.) By the end I knew I was writing not just as a personal exercise, but to my children.

And so this Lenten blog is dedicated to my beautiful children Amy and Noah, who along with my lovely wife Denise are among the biggest blessings in my spiritual journey.

No comments: